Pages

Friday, July 29, 2016

Butterflies and Birds

I've been busy here at my little studio! Some fresh things out of the kiln:


This mug was an experiment with a wash style glaze treatment. I added radiating gold lines to play up the etched pattern.


Here is the back of the mug which features a ladybug and bird decal along with bits of gold. The texture also includes a stamped surface as well as etched marks.


Here is the detail of the bird and you can see at the top left a heart stamp filled with gold on the handle. Overall I thought this mug was going to be a failure but it turned out great...here's to trying new things!


A blue mushroom ring dish. The cap lifts off and the ring can be stored on the stem.

Also, I just applied to the Blue Genie Art Bazaar for the holiday season so I'm keeping my fingers crossed, hoping I get accepted!