Pages

Friday, February 19, 2016

Wet Clay

Happy Friday! I've been busy making tiny happy clay this week!!!

Here are some photos of what I've been up to:


This hand-carved lotus stamp is pressed into moist clay, cut out, and formed into little dishes. The same process is used with the hand made Texas stamp below. After the slabs of clay are cut out and stamped, I'll place them on a form to mold them into a bowl shape.




I'm developing some new mugs that will have stamped messages and decals. The fly free mug will get a bird added to it---just like Portlandia---put a bird on it!


And here is what happens when I have scraps:

These tiny happy owls will be painted with faces and feathers and such. Stay tuned to see the cuteness develop- I'm thinking fairy gardens & terrariums for these babies!
And last, but not least, a couple of little creatures I sculpted out of scraps from the Texas and Lotus bowls.